Saturday, July 29, 2006

SUNFLOWERS



Sunflowers...................mmm..............wish there were RAINFLOWERS and that some rain would come our way...............I've been doing my raindance but to no avail...........just 10 mins of a little shower today. I suppose I should really look on the bright side and keep thinking another month and the cooler weather will be on it's way.

The Italians are like sunflowers .......... they live for the sun. They complain for 7 months of the year that it's grey, cloudy, cold, wet and miserable but then when summer arrives and it's too hot, what to they do? they start complaining again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I'm from London, so like most countries in northern europe, we are used to the grey, cloudy, cold, wet miserable weather, and just try to get on with life the best we can, and for me I find it easier to cope with than the heat and humidity that everytime you move the sweat just drips off you. But then again in summer you have the sun and the sea. It's easy to spot northern europeans in summer.................we're all burnt red raw like lobsters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As the song says ' ONLY MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN GO OUT IN THE MIDDAY SUN '. Looking at it ...I suppose I'm better off than my Italian counterparts..................I'm Ok for 9 months of the year........just the 3 months of summer I'm not too keen on.

Above is a page for scrapbooking I did myself a couple of years back using DONNA DEWBERRY's technique of ONESTROKE PAINTING, I suppose I could also say it's in FREESTLYE scrapbooking style , which has now become very popular . Isn't freestyle scrapbooking what we used to do years ago when there wasn't all the scrapbooking pèapers to choose from.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is FREESTYLE scrapbooking? would love to know your description of it.

ciao ciao
crafty

4 comments:

Kumi said...

Hi Joan.
Thanks for your visit to mine the other day!
I love sunflowers!!
Did you draw the sunflowers?
Really wonderful!

Fiona said...

I think you are
probably right about freestyle being what many of us did before the industry got huge. It seems to be about doing your thing, not following a particular style. Adding on non-paper elements etc There is a whole blog for it at Autumn style - link/addy here http://www.autumnleaves.com/freestyle/
More fun than many styles of scrapping, bit artier and more "altered".

etre-soi said...

Hi Joan did you get my email ? Let me know as I've been having problems in receiving and sending. Thanks :)

etre-soi said...

oh you made me smile here, because Lobsters is just what me and my girlfriends in Portugal called the english and german at the beach LOL :) :) :)