Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pocket Cover Book

I decided to do an on-line course with Janet Clark on the joggles website. This is my first attempt at FME ( free machine embroidery) and colouring and melting nappy liners. I am waiting for my supplies to come through as here in Italy.............fashion centre of the world .....you wouldn't believe it I can't find 90% of the material I need to do the course. Shame it's not the craft and hobbies centre of the world then I wouldn't have as many problems finding materials to do my arts and crafts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK couldn't wait to get started so I decided to try and find some of the materials.................have spent an afternoon trampsing around and finally found a place that had some chiffon and organza.....................great. Once home started on my quest to half complete the first lesson..........
you can see the result above.............for starters I'm not happy about my FME and definately not happy about the melted nappy liners........................I think I melted them to much. I then put my one layer of black chiffon on top but it was too dark and you couldn't see a thing, so I've scanned the image without it. I do like the colours tho...........my favourite.
Now to see what the teacher will say about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ciao crafty joan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Joan, this is lovely. So vibrant. You know I love tactile and this just begs to be touched. Yum!
Hugs, Alis.